So, this is how I am going to spend my Saturday afternoon. I am giving a Pampered Chef party. I love the idea of cooking wonderful, comfort food in the Fall and decided this is one way to kick start the season. Thanksgiving will be here in just a few weeks and I am going to start planning that menu now!
Come out if you are in the area and let's have some fun! If you can't make it and want to make a purchase here is the link to follow. www.pamperedchef.biz/kellyvail and click on "find a show" in the upper right corner then type in Toni McDowell as host, click on connect to show and the shopping cart icon and shop away!
I will post pics of this event Saturday afternoon! Here are a few Pampered Chef recipes to tempt you!
- Maple Walnuts (optional, see Cook's Tip)
- 1 box (14.4 oz/400 g) whole graham crackers (5 x 2 in./13 x 5 cm)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plus 3 tbsp (45 mL) pure maple syrup (do not use maple-flavored pancake syrup), divided
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz/102 g) cheesecake or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) (1 3/4 cups/425 mL)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend
- 1 container (12 oz/1 L) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Additional Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend Plus
- Prepare Maple Walnuts, if desired; set aside. Coarsely break graham crackers into Stainless (6-qt./6-L) Mixing Bowl. Place 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the maple syrup in Small Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 60-90 seconds or until hot. Pour hot syrup over crackers; toss to coat and set aside.
- For pumpkin filling, combine pudding mix and milk in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Add pumpkin and spice blend to pudding mixture; whisk well. Fold 2 cups (500 mL) of the whipped topping into pudding mixture; set aside.
- For maple cream, combine remaining 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup and remaining whipped topping in Stainless (2-qt./2-L) Mixing Bowl; fold gently. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with 2/3 cup (150 mL) of the maple cream and set aside for garnish.
- To assemble trifle, place one-third of the graham cracker mixture over bottom of Trifle Bowl. Top with half of the pumpkin filling, spreading to edges. Top with another third of the graham cracker mixture. Top with remaining maple cream, spreading to edges. Top with remaining graham cracker mixture and pumpkin filling. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with Maple Walnuts, if desired, and pipe with reserved maple cream. Sprinkle with additional spice blend, if desired.
- 24 servings of about 1/2 cup (125 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 180, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 2 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat (2 carb)
Soaking the graham crackers with hot maple syrup will soften the crackers to a cake-like consistency.
To make Maple Walnuts, combine 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter and 3 tbsp (45 mL) pure maple syrup in (10-in./24-cm) Sauté Pan. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Add 1 cup (250 mL) walnut halves and cook, stirring constantly, 5-7 minutes or until walnuts are evenly browned. Spread walnuts in a single layer on parchment paper; cool completely.
Pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend.
[caption id="attachment_406" align="aligncenter" width="300"]
Roasted Herb Turkey_ Pampered Chef[/caption]
- 1 thawed, frozen or fresh turkey, 12-18 pounds
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2-3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Rosemary Rub
Microwave Chocolate Lava Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities; cook and reserve for use in stuffing or gravy, if desired. Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of turkey. Place lemon, onion and thyme inside body cavity. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Place turkey, breast side up, on rack in Roasting Pan.
- Brush skin with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Sprinkle with rub. Roast turkey 3-4 hours or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180°F in thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. (To prevent overcooking, loosely cover breast with aluminum foil when turkey is about two-thirds done. Check for doneness about 30 minutes before turkey is expected to be done.)
- Remove turkey from oven; let stand 20 minutes. Using Meat Lifters, carefully remove turkey from Roasting Pan to Reversible Bamboo Carving Board. Cut string from legs and discard. Carve turkey using Carving Set.
- Varies depending on size of turkey servings of 4 ounces
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 240, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Protein 32 g, Sodium 75 mg, Fiber 0 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
4 meat (0 carb)
Update November 9, 2015
The Pampered Pumpkin Chef party was a blast! We had a great time trying new recipes and looking over all of the EXCLUSIVE Holiday products. I wanted to add two of the recipes that we tried so you can enjoy a little pampering too!
- Combine oil, eggs and water that is specified on back of devil's food cake mix, according to directions.
- Pour into DEEP COVERED BAKER.
- Drop balls of chocolate frosting using STAINLESS STEEL SCOOP on top of wet batter.
- Put DEEP COVERED BAKER into microwave for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with optional ice cream on top!
|Hot & Cheesy Bruschetta Dip
||oz (250 g) part-skim mozzarella cheese
||oz (250 g) reduced-fat cream cheese (NeufchÃ¢tel), softened
||cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
||tbsp (22 mL) Herbs de Provence Seasoning Mix
||tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
||pint grape tomatoes
||frozen puff pastry sheet (from 17.3-oz/397-g pkg), thawed (see Cook’s Tip)
Toasted Baguette Slices (see Cook’s Tip), assorted vegetables or crackers
Nutrients per serving: (about 3 tbsp/45 mL dip): Calories 100, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 130 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 4 g
Cook’s Tips: Puff pastry is easiest to work with when it's cold. Thaw it in the refrigerator, and keep it chilled until you're ready to use it.
Soft cheeses like mozzarella are easiest to shred when they're very cold. Freeze it for 15 minutes before shredding.
To make Toasted Baguette Slices, preheat oven to 425Â°F (220Â°C). Place 24 thin slices of French bread on Large Round Stone with Handles. Lightly brush or spray the bread slices with olive oil. Bake 8–10 minutes or until the bread is lightly browned.
Â© 2012 The Pampered Chef used under license.
- Preheat oven to 425Â°F (220Â°C). Grate mozzarella using MicroplaneÂ® Adjustable Coarse Grater.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, seasoning mix, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and pepper in Classic Batter Bowl; stir in mozzarella.
- Pump half of the tomatoes in Manual Food Processor 7–10 times or until coarsely chopped; add them to cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining tomatoes and stir them gently into cheese mixture.
- Scrape cheese mixture into Round Covered Baker and microwave it, uncovered, on HIGH 1–2 minutes or just until cheese starts to melt; stir halfway through cooking.
- Unfold pastry onto lightly floured Large Grooved Cutting Board and lightly roll seams using Baker's RollerÂ®.
- Place lid of baker over pastry. Using Pizza Cutter, cut around the lid to form a circle. Using Creative Cutters, cut out and reserve two shapes from center of pastry circle.
- Place pastry circle over dip, lightly brush it with some of the egg and top it with cutouts; lightly brush cutouts with egg. (Discard the rest of the egg.)
- Bake, uncovered, 16–18 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Remove baker from oven. Serve dip with Toasted Baguette Slices, assorted vegetables or crackers.